The Coordinating Council of ECA is currently composed of the co-chairs of ECA and the chairs of various committees. The organization operates based on the Jemez principles, valuing a bottom-up, grassroots approach. It is the intention of the Coordinating Council that our group’s membership expand to include other engaged ECA members. Beginning in the Fall of 2018 we will invite two other members to join the Coordinating Council and then in 2019 add an additional two members. In order to be considered for the Coordinating Council, individuals must be members of the national ECA organization and have been involved with ECA either on a committee or in a chapter. It should be noted that this is a hands on council with the expectation of work being performed by all members. The Coordinating Council is able to assure the vision and mission of the organization is being upheld through the integration of the committees. Through feedback from chapters and members, the Council will keep a pulse on the priorities at the grassroots level and plan accordingly.
Each member of the Coordinating Council is expected to participate in the following ways:
- Attend meetings held twice a month, using the Zoom platform. Meetings are generally held on the first and third Mondays of each month at 7pm EST, 4pm PST and last for 60-90 minutes.
- Participate actively in these meetings, offering suggestions, engaging in consensus building for decisions, volunteering to take notes, and taking on other tasks as needed.
- Participate in ad-hoc teams that are tasked with specific projects.
- Co-host at least one monthly National Call each year.
- Co-host or lead webinars sponsored by ECA
- Serve as an ECA leader in other ways as needed.
- Actively work on any national campaigns
- Participate in strategic planning for ECA and the development of annual goals
- Coordinating Council members are expected to participate in fundraising campaigns, whether it be by encouraging donations from others, taking a leadership role to assist with fundraising efforts or by making small or large donations themselves.
- Serve as an active member of one of ECA’s chapter leaders, manage a national project or one of the national committees.
To apply for this volunteer position please complete the Volunteer form or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org