VOLUNTEER POSITION DESCRIPTION
The ECA Media Relations Coordinator will assist in managing and responding to ECA Media Requests. This position will field media requests submitted via email, determine the specific needs of the request, and connect the media contact to the appropriate “elder”.
Media Relations Coordinator may do the following:
- Respond to Media Inquiries submitted through ECA website/email and have follow up discussions with individuals about their specific interests in ECA.
- Help determine the appropriate ECA member for the interview request
- Help coordinate interviews with ECA members
- Develop a database of ECA members willing to participate in media opportunities
- Help write Press Releases and build connections and contacts with Media Outlets
- Track earned media (in conjunction with the ECA Historian/Archivist)
- Passion for taking action on climate change
- Computer proficiency
- Comfortable with utilizing videoconference
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working remotely
- Experience in media relations, community organizing, and/or outreach
ONE ECA Member: 5 – 15 hours per month.
To apply for this volunteer position please complete the Volunteer form or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org