Take part in the ShoeStrike without leaving home!
We began with the first ShoeStrike for Climate in July and will continue on August 29! Join the global event with your shoes and signs to demand climate action and climate justice for all. Modeled on the tradition of Greta Thunberg’s “skolstrejk for klimatet” the movement started in Sweden and has spread across the globe, ShoeStrike allows you to stand for climate action without being in your shoes — a safe way to protest during the pandemic.
Contribute your shoes and signs to a local event or create your own ShoeStrike on a street corner, in your neighborhood park or in front of your home. Ask your neighbors and family to join!
In the same tradition as Greta’s Schools Strikes, people across the globe will continue ShoeStrikes on the LAST Saturday each month through 2020. Make a plan to join the ShoeStrikes each month!
See the Hosting a Shoe Strike Getting Started Guide for helpful tips.
- Learn more about the ShoeStrike, attend a Fridays for Future ShoeStrike organizing call
- Check the FridaysforFuture.org Map (red marker indicates a ShoeStrike) to find or register a ShoeStrike in your area to add it to the map.
- Download Posters and Shoe Strike Signs
- Download graphics for Social Media
- Share your ShoeStrike photos on Social Media (use hashtag #ShoeStrike29August), send photos to elected representatives and local media, and send them to ECA so we can share with our members!